Thursday, April 04, 2013

Just Keep Breathing

It never occurred to me that the ones who once needed me to feel, would soon forget everything I was for them.
I've realized that the ones who work the hardest earn nothing close to what they deserve.
The most surprising thing I've noticed, however, is that even after everything I've been through, everything I've learned, everything I've become..I still manage to forget everything I've learned and everything I've been through when it comes to making similar decisions to the choices I "learned from." I continue finding myself in uncomfortable positions with no way out, because I seem to keep forgetting that I know how to avoid these situations. I don't understand my issue here. I know the state of mind I DON'T want to have, yet I continue to sit in the state of mind I promised I'd never see again.
What am I to do but lean on my Father? I'm nothing without Him, but I'm not seeming to understand how to be something with Him. I'm blessed to be at a school surrounded by people and experiences that can teach me more about how I can experience God and know who He expects me to be as His daughter.

-xo

No comments: