Sunday, April 28, 2013

I N D E P E N D E N C E

I thought I couldn't get any stronger.
I thought I was strong enough to stand on my own two feet no matter what the situation.
I thought I could make my own decisions and they'd always be right.
I thought I wasn't coming back down to this place of sorrow and weakness.
I thought wrong, because I fell back down hard.
I fell down real hard.
Lesson learned: I wasn't as strong or as smart as I liked to think I was, and God's way of proving me wrong was to kick me back onto my ass and not give me any kind of support system but myself to get me back on my feet.
In a way I want to thank God for this despair and loneliness, because He's showing me how to be independent.
Independence is the kind of strength it's about time for me to learn.
Timing really is everything. Just when I'm about to be on my own He teaches me how to do it. So here I go, I'm standing back up. On my own this time, with no help from any direction, stronger than I was before.
I think I'm gonna like this lesson.

No comments: