Saturday, March 30, 2013

Blessing In Disguise

I've been paying close attention lately to the little things in my day that I've always taken for granted. Every morning I ask God to show me a blessing in disguise, but one afternoon at work I realized that they're everywhere anyways. You just have to look for them.
It's a beautiful thing, really. The smallest acts of kindness can really brighten your day if you pay attention enough to notice them. Simple things like a customer giving someone in front of them a few cents to help pay for their meal. Someone complimenting my work/work ethic while I sweep the floors in dining room, it's really encouraging. A simple smile from one person to another.
Every one you pass by is fighting some kind of battle, and I know first hand that these little acts of kindness go a long way when you're feeling lonely or somehow broken.
I read a story about a man who walked to a bridge one day, and when he got there, he jumped. The police searched his house for any signs why and found a suicide note that read, "I'm walking to the bridge. If anyone smiles at me, I won't jump."
My point is, share a smile every chance you get. Any random act of kindness, no matter how big, small, or relevant, it could save someone's life.

No comments: