Thursday, October 09, 2014

9.28

"She's in love, she's in love, can you see it? She's in love!" - a 12 year old girl sang this to me when she found out he and I were a couple on an impact outing in March. I brushed it off, "I can't be in love, I don't know how." 
On September 28, 2014, I spent the night at his house. I laid awake in his bed for hours after he had gone to sleep in the living room. I couldn't stop thinking about him, about us. It was that night that I admitted to myself that I am completely in love with him. 
Does that scare me? Ha, should it not? But I'm not afraid to feel it. Love is my favorite emotion. Plus, we both strongly believe that God brought us together for a reason, and right now that reason is to learn and grow together, side by side. God wouldn't lead us astray. If God is truly the center of our relationship, which we aim for every day, then we will make it through anything. 
Our love is different than anything I've known before. It's a godly love, a love from God, a God-centered love, in human form. Loving him only brings me to love God more, when I physically see and feel a simple human love as strongly as I feel it with him. God loves us like that, AND MORE. It's the most beautiful feeling I could have ever imagined. 
I can't wait for the day when I am able to say to him that I am so in love with him. 

I wish this was more in depth, more strategically written. But I'm so tired I can't see straight. So, until next time. 

No comments: